In the Western world, menopause symptoms are frequently treated with hormone replacement treatments. However, more and more women are looking for a natural solution, especially after the publication of various clinical studies of the increased risk of breast and uterine cancer and of thrombosis linked to the intake of hormones.
Hormone Yoga Therapy is a natural treatment
Dinah Rodrigues, a Brazilian yoga therapist with a degree in Philosophy and Psychology and now in her 90ies, created the Hormone Yoga Therapy for menopause, starting from the physiology study of female hormones. With the help of her yoga master, Swami Sarvananda, she selected and adapted a series of yoga postures combined with specific breathing techniques and a Tibetan energy flow visualization to reactivate the production of hormones in a natural way.
Hormone Yoga Therapy offers a holistic natural solution using only yoga exercises performed dynamically, along with breathing techniques specific to the stimulation of ovaries, thyroid, parathyroid, hypophysis and adrenal glands to reactivate the hormones produced by our own body. As it increases the estradiol level (a type of estrogen), it also helps in the prevention of osteoporosis and cardiovascular diseases. It stimulates vitality, good health, and a positive attitude in order for a woman to fully enjoy this beautiful period of life when finally, she has more time for herself.
How Does HYT for women work?
- A series of yoga postures performed dynamically to stimulate a specific gland (ovaries, thyroid, adrenals, and hypophysis)
- Specific breathing techniques during the postures to directly massage the glands reactivating the hormone production
- Tibetan energy technique to visualize and circulate the energy to the gland that needs reactivation
- Yoga nidra has a therapeutic function of reactivating the glands and deep relaxation
- Anti-stress techniques, calming pranayama or concentration exercises. Stress is the No.1 enemy of improving hormone levels.
- Anti-insomnia exercises
How Long Does It Take?
Once you have learned the sequence, it will only take 30 minutes to perform the series of exercises. If you practice 3-4 times a week, results will be achieved very quickly. Within a few months, most of the symptoms will be gone and you will experience a general feeling of well-being with increased vitality and energy.