YOGA WITH BARBARA
Menopause Hatha Yoga (MHY)
MHY classes and workshops are based upon the methodology of Petra Coveney, founder of Menopause Yoga and member of the British Menopause Society.
MHY combines Western medical science and Eastern wellbeing in a holistic way to support women through the various stages of the menopause.
MHY classes provide a specially adapted yoga practices for the various stages of the Menopause with specific breathing techniques, adapted hatha yoga postures, highly restorative poses with the use of props and mindful meditation exercises to help manage the key symptoms of the menopause.
Menopause is much more than the end of the reproductive cycle for a woman and the cessation of menstruation. It has implications on all aspects of life: physically, mentally and socially, that can last for several years. Thanks to MHY, women can embrace the various stages of the menopause with a positive attitude, making the transition from a reproductive to a post-reproductive stage of life as smooth as possible and prepare to fully live and enjoy the ” Second Spring” . Scroll down for more information.
|PERI MENOPAUSE||MENOPAUSE||POST MENOPAUSE|
|LENGTH||5 or more years||1 year||30 years|
|MENSTRUATIONS||Irregular, little or heavy bleeding||12 consecutive months without menstruations||End of menstruations|
|HORMONES||Fluctuation of estrogen and progesterone levels||Estrogen, Progesterone and Testosterone dropping||Further declining of female hormones until finding a new low level balance|
|SYMPTOMS /HEALTH PROBLEMS||Start of the menopause symptoms||Symptoms persisting, but may be different symptoms and intensity Risk of bone density loss||Risk of bone density loss, Cardio vascular deseases, breast cancer, diabetes|
There is still little awareness even at medical level about what a woman goes through during the menopause and the symptoms that she experiences at physical, emotional and social level. As a result, women can receive the wrong treatment, like anti-depressive when in reality the cause could just be a hormone imbalance and be treated as such with natural or HRT remedies. So many women during the peri- menopause suffer from joints, muscle pains, headache and migraines and are given anti-inflammatory and pain killers drugs and the symptoms persist as the cause is hormonal.
MHY aim is to:
- Educate women on the various stages of the menopause, to be able to recognise the different symptoms linked to the menopause. To understand the changes at physical, emotional and social levels that a woman goes through . To be aware of the different solutions available from natural to HRT, nutrition and general wellbeing practices to cope at best with the menopause symptoms and potential risk of illnesses, such as osteoporosis and cardiovascular diseases.
- Empower women with knowledge and techniques with selected yoga sequences with adapted postures, breathing and mindful meditation techniques to manage the main menopause symptoms.
- Embrace the stages of the menopause with a positive attitude, making the transition from the reproductive to a post-reproductive stage of life as smooth as possible and prepare to fully live and enjoy the “Second Spring”.
FREE Personal Evaluation of Menopause symptoms & General Health
MHY classes (75min)
Weekly classes for women in all stages of the menopause to practice gentle yoga, breath work and meditation.
- MHY class for Hot Flashes – to release excess heat
- MHY class for Menopause Rage and Irritability – to release hot tempered emotions and leave you feeling soothed
- MHY class for Destress & Recharge – to calm your mind, manage anxiety, overwhelm and lack of focus
- MHY class for Strength, Stamina and Joy – to build muscle and bone strength and uplift your mood
For A Holistic Solution to Menopause
✦ MENOPAUSE HATHA YOGA ACCREDITED TEACHER ✦
" Barbara Maggiani is a fully accredited Menopause Yoga teacher who has graduated from this gold standard training course. Women going through the menopause will be safe and supported in her specialist classes " Petra Coveney